Based in Brisbane, Australia
23 Sep, 2015 (PC) | 8 March, 2016 (PS4) |
Assault Android Cactus is a manic twin stick arena shooter for the PC with screens full of enemies, buckets of bullets and high scoring combo chains! Take on the role of Cactus, an enthusiastic police android, who responds to a stranded space freighter only to discover it under siege by its malfunctioning robot workers. Cut off from the outside and in over her head, Cactus and the androids she recruits along the way battle through the crippled Genki Star to reach the brain of the ship and put things right before it's too late.
Assault Android Cactus started as a simple twinstick prototype with fun characters and lots and lots of effects. Over time the mechanics were refined and the game was tightened until it became an intense skill based game requiring aggressive stratergies and fast reaction times.
- Multiple playable androids with unique weapon set and play styles.
- Dynamic stages change conditions and rearrange themselves during play.
- Heart pounding soundtrack that dynamically shifts based on your performance.
- Giant robot bosses that unleash bullet hell and stage covering special attacks.
- Up to four player local co-op, supports mouse and keyboard and joypad.
Official Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Introducing Aubergine! YouTube
Character Showcase - Cactus YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Best Action Game in the Intel Level Up demo contest" August 2013
- "Selected for the Eurogamer Expo 2013 Indie Games Arcade" August 2013
- "Six Indie Games You Need To Know About" Games.on.net, July 2013
- "10 Awesome Aussie Indie Games You Need to See" IGN AU, July 2013
- "Finalist in the category of Technical Excellence" GDAA Australian Game Developer Awards, October 2014
- "Australian Indie Showcase" PAX Australia, November 2014
- "It’s like a dancefloor laser massacre, and you’re Lady Gaga. Greenlight this f**ker right now."
- Cara Ellison, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Assault Android Cactus is a brilliantly conceived, masterfully designed bullet hell joy pit of fun"
- Ben Kuchera, The Penny Arcade Report
- "Assault Android Cactus is a freakishly relentless twin-stick shooter that’s as finely tuned as Usain Bolt’s calf muscles."
- Lucy O'Brien, IGN AU
- "it’ll be a crime if this one doesn’t get approved"
- Junglist, Kotaku
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Witch Beam allows for the contents of Assault Android Cactus to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Assault Android Cactus is legally & explicitly allowed by Witch Beam. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.witchbeam.com.au/presskit/sheet.php?p=assault_android_cactus.
About Witch Beam
Witch Beam is a small indie studio based in Brisbane Australia that's committed to creating polished experiences for PC and console. Witch Beam's first release was the critically acclaimed arcade-style action game Assault Android Cactus. They are now developing the very non-arcade style non-action game Unpacking.
More information on Witch Beam, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Assault Android Cactus Credits
Jeff van Dyck
Composer, Audio Director
Assault Android Cactus Inquiries
Assault Android Cactus Twitter
Assault Android Cactus Facebook